It’s all about me, when I realised this my world changed for the better.
Some call it being selfish but is it really? How the heck is looking after your own health first so that you can take care of others selfish?
And, when we do this it give other people the permission to do the same.
And the result of that?
A healthier community.
I believe 100% that when we start take accountability for our own wellness, the wellness of our tribe, community improves and that has got to be a good thing.
Another thing I believe is that we make ‘life’ to hard for ourselves by over thinking and analysing. Trying to understand why all the time when sometimes we should just let go.
Seriously, just because you can’t see something does it mean it’s not there?
You can feel it, maybe even hear it, so why continue to discount it because your eyes do not physically see it.
I’ve taken accountability for my own wellness by simplifying my life, removing habits that hold me back and putting in place healthy habits. Here are a few healthy habits I would like to share with you.
- Put yourself first (you didn’t think you would get away with not doing this did you?) it’s easier than you think. Start off with small steps like making sure you have breakfast first before you do anything else for anyone else. and before you complain about time, I have four kids! I know all about time. No more excuses, you just have to do it!
- Practice courage – try stretching your com for zone each day by doing something small. It helps to build confidence.
- Get connected – with things, people, places that light you up.
- Have an attitude of gratitude. I used to think the whole gratitude thing was a waste of time but it does help when you have those blah days. It shows you all the greatness that surrounds you and actually helps to clear out negative space in your head.
- Have some goals! If you don’t know where you are going how on earth are you going to get there? This is probably the biggest key in making sure you live life with intent and not getting caught up bobbing along on the tides of life like a piece of driftwood.
- Create some mantra’s – these are my favourite things to do and I use them religiously in my training and day-to-day life. I’ve gone as far as printing them out on a poster and putting next to my bed, to doing printed tees!
- Breathe – focus in on your breath, is it fast or slow? Most often than not when you are a wee bit stressed or tensed your breathing will be rapid. Bring yourself back into your body with some nice deep slow breathes all the way in and all the way out.
- Refuel – when we start to feel blah it is sometimes because we are burning the candle at both ends and not taking time to refuel. You either need to eat, or hydrate but make sure it is once healthy food. Don’t wait till you are super tired and reach for the sugary foods, this will only make you feel worse.
- Shred the mind chatter – we have become to concerned with thinking and shifted away from all our other senses and parts that make us a whole. We are more than just our minds. Practice trying to catch yourself ‘thinking’ and what you are saying in your mind. Listen for the language that is being used. And the emotions it starts to bring up for you. Being aware of your mind chatter is an incredible strength to have and brine you a step closer to what it is you are inevitable searching for in life. e.g. when you are training and you are starting to tire, your mind starts to wander, or say things like “I can’t do this” listen, watch and then decide if you will listen, or lean back and let it go. You will be surprised at what starts to happen for you with this practice.
- Journal – this healthy habit has really helped change my life for the better. And its intentional , not a dear diary style like when you were a kid. I use a journal in business and also in my training. It helps me to process my thoughts and make space in my head. It also helps me to ensure I stay in the flow with my intuition meaning I stick to what works for me first.
Incase you have forgotten what I do;
I am your PT for the mind! I believe when you take accountability for your own wellness it improves the wellness of the whole community. I help you to actually ‘do’ the do by shredding any habits that hold you back and replacing them with good habits and routines.
Need to work out how to get from A to B? Book in now and we will analyse your habits together and get some clarity on how to move forward.
As always, I am thankful to you for following my journey and hope that you do find it useful. If you’ve had an “aha moment” from any of these blogs or you just want to tell me more about your business and dreams, I’d love to hear from you. Connect with me here,
in love and light,
#imagine #believe #achieve